How the Voice problems can be prevented?
Voice hygiene techniques play a greater role. Some simple tips to improve your vocal health
- Drink plenty of water- take sips of water whole day to keep your throat wet, water acts as a lubricant to your vocal cords
- Avoid reflux triggers like spicy foods, alcohol
- Avoid airborne irritants like smoking
- Avoid abuse or misuse of voice like yelling
- Avoid throat clearing
- Avoid drugs which cause throat drying like aspirin or anti allergic drugs Some tips for Singers
- Do some easy physical warm-ups before vocalizing
- Begin with five minutes of humming
- Begin vocalizing only in the middle voice and gradually and cautiously extend the range up and down
- Always “warm-down” after singing or performing, particularly after strenuous singing using easy humming exercises, etc
- Never whisper! Use a quiet, well-supported head voice
According to world Health Organization, persistent change of voice for more than 3weeks should be immediately attended to exclude throat (vocal Cord) cancer.
WORLD VOICE DAY – Every year on April 16th